It’s been two weeks since we’ve had decent enough internet access to be able to make an attempt at writing anything for this blog. Scrounging an hour here and there in a library at £1 a go doesn’t qualify when you’ve a life to try organise. Enough has happened in those two weeks to generate a flurry of posts, but to be honest, I don’t really feel like going into each episode in detail, and some of it won’t be of interest to many, so if anything listed here sounds intriguing, let me know, and I’ll elaborate. So, here goes:
- Spent far too long on two aeroplanes and one terminal at Dubai airport.
- Enjoyed 10 nights at a lovely little self-catering place (apart from the aged beds, traffic noise, and lack of internet access).
- Searched in vain for a house to rent in the Hollywood area, having to settle for Dickens Heath instead. This entails a change in commuting plans, school plans, perhaps car plans. And, I’ll have to make a change to the tagline of the blog as well.
- Purchased a car. Got to love the second hand car market in the UK.
- Spent a day at the Wythall Transport Museum, on one of their major running days (including miniature steam trains).
- Spent a day at Stratford-upon-Avon, managing to avoid much of the Shakespeare hype, but soaking in the atmosphere
- Took a drive to Tewkesbury – similar Tudor architecture, but thoroughly different vibe. Less touristy, more authentic.
I think that’s enough for now. A quick summary would be that it’s not what we were expecting, but it’s not all bad.
Updates will be sporadic for the next two weeks until we move into our house, by when I think I’ll be able to either verify or discard much of the opinion currently swirling around in my head, and will thus hopefully have something more substantial to write about.